Most patients who grind their teeth don’t realize they have an issue until they visit their dentist. Teeth grinding usually occurs during sleep or stressful situations. Patients who grind their teeth may experience symptoms like toothaches, headaches, and jaw pain. If you are experiencing any symptoms associated with teeth grinding, it is important that you visit a trusted dentist to ensure your teeth grinding isn’t leading to the development of a complex dental problem.
Restorative dentist Dr. Daryle Mahnke is a trusted dental professional in Bay City, MI. As a Dawson Academy trained dentist, Dr. Mahnke is trained in identifying and treating complex dental problems, including TMJ, bite disorders, and gum disease. Dr. Mahnke takes his time with each patient to identify their dental issuea and provide a personalized treatment plan that addresses their dental needs.
Teeth Grinding: FAQS
What are the signs of teeth grinding?
Knowing the signs of teeth grinding can help patients get the care they need.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Mahnke.
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Damage to the tooth enamel
- Tooth sensitivity
- Jaw pain
- Headaches or migraines
- Facial pain
- Cuts or sores on the inside cheek
What treatments do you offer for teeth grinding?
- Bite Guard: Dr. Mahnke may suggest a bite guard to protect the teeth while you sleep. A bite guard is a custom made an oral appliance that prevents the teeth from grinding at night.
- Bite Alignment Therapy: Teeth grinding may be a result of a misaligned bite. Dr. Mahnke can provide a range of solutions to properly realign your teeth, including invisible braces, dental crowns, dental veneers or dental implants.
- Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments: Teeth grinding can cause damage to the teeth. Depedingont he extent of the damage, Dr. Mahnke may suggest the use of porcelain veneers, dental crowns, or dental bonding to repair your smile.
How Do I Schedule An Appointment?
Don’t suffer from your symptoms another day, schedule a consultation at our Bay City, MI dental office. Dr. Mahnke can perform a comprehensive exam to provide an accurate diagnosis and plan an effective treatment to improve your smile. If you would like to schedule an appointment, contact our Bay City dental office.
Posted in: teeth grinding bay city