Dental Veneers Bay City MI
There is no reason to look outside of your general, family dentist for porcelain veneers. Dr. Daryle Mahnke is a dentist in Bay City, MI, trained in the latest cosmetic dentistry treatments to deliver beautiful, natural looking results.
As a Dawson trained dentist, Dr. Mahnke has dedicated many hours of postgraduate education to learn how to care for patients at the highest ethical and professional level. A primary principle of Dawson dentistry is to do only what is necessary to achieve long-term maintainable health and comfort as well as the creation and maintenance of a beautiful, natural smile.
Dr. Manhke uses a variety of materials for dental veneers from porcelain veneers to resin veneers. Whether you want a subtle change or dramatic transformation, we have the treatment option that is right for you.
Who Needs Dental Veneers?
Dental Veneers may be used to:
- Close spaces between teeth
- Improve the appearance of crooked teeth
- Repair chipped or broken teeth
- Cover stained or discolored teeth
Types of Dental Veneers
There are several types of dental veneers available:
- Composite resin veneers are made using a tooth colored, biocompatible material that is applied directly to the tooth and sculpted into place. This type of dental veneer requires little to no preparation of the tooth and is not permanent.
- A lumineer is a type of dental veneer. These also require little to no tooth preparation and can be removed if desired. Lumineers are not for everyone; the dentist can help you decide if they are right for you.
- Porcelain veneers are thin, translucent shells of tooth-like material. Porcelain veneers are highly stain resistant and have similar light reflecting properties compared to natural teeth.
About The Porcelain Veneer Procedure
Porcelain veneers generally take 2 – 3 visits to complete. After a comprehensive evaluation and consultation, the dentist will prepare the teeth by removing a small amount of enamel from each tooth. An impression will be taken and you will be fitted with temporary veneers while your final restorations are being created.
In approximately 2–3 weeks, your new porcelain veneers will be ready to be permanently attached to your teeth. After the dentist checks the fit and color and both you and the dentist are satisfied, a special bonding cement will be used to secure the porcelain veneers to your teeth.
Porcelain Veneers FAQs
How much do porcelain veneers cost?
The cost of porcelain veneers varies depending on the material used, number of porcelain veneers placed and specific condition of the patient. Before treatment, we will complete a full review of the procedure including the porcelain veneer cost. We offer convenient payment options including interest free financing through Care Credit for qualified patients.
How long do porcelain veneers last?
Porcelain veneers are designed to last a lifetime. This longevity can be achieved with proper care and maintenance. That includes a proper at-home hygiene routine and regular visits to the dentist for professional cleaning and examination.
Is the porcelain veneer procedure painful?
Patients often worry about pain associated with porcelain veneers. We take steps to ensure that each patient undergoing treatment with porcelain veneers is comfortable and relaxed. It is common for patients to experience some mild sensitivity immediately following treatment. These symptoms generally subside within 1 – 3 days of treatment.
What Do People See When You Smile?
Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. Changing your smile with cosmetic dentistry can change your life. If you are looking for a highly trained, contemporary cosmetic dentist in Bay City, MI, contact our office for a consultation. Call 989.272.2478 or request an appointment online.