Porcelain Veneers An Overview
There is no reason to look outside of your general, family dentist for porcelain veneers. Dr. Daryle Mahnke is a dentist in Bay City, MI, trained in the latest cosmetic dentistry treatments to deliver beautiful, natural-looking results.
As a Dawson trained dentist, Dr. Mahnke has dedicated many hours of postgraduate education to learn how to care for patients at the highest ethical and professional level. A primary principle of Dawson dentistry is to do only what is necessary to achieve long-term maintainable health and comfort as well as the creation and maintenance of a beautiful, natural smile.
Dr. Manhke uses a variety of materials for dental veneers from porcelain veneers to resin veneers. Whether you want a subtle change or dramatic transformation, we have the treatment option that is right for you.
Dental Veneers may be used to:
- Close spaces between teeth
- Improve the appearance of crooked teeth
- Repair chipped or broken teeth
- Cover stained or discolored teeth
Types of Dental Veneers
There are several types of dental veneers available:
- Composite resin veneers are made using a tooth-colored, biocompatible material that is applied directly to the tooth and sculpted into place. This type of dental veneer requires little to no preparation of the tooth and is not permanent.
- A lumineer is a type of dental veneer. These also require little to no tooth preparation and can be removed if desired. Lumineers are not for everyone; the dentist can help you decide if they are right for you.
- Porcelain veneers are thin, translucent shells of tooth-like material. Porcelain veneers are highly stained resistant and have similar light reflecting properties compared to natural teeth.