Dental Implants An Overview
Dental implants are a secure, natural-looking option to replace missing teeth. Many patients prefer implants to other prosthetics because they look and feel just like natural teeth. Dental implants can renew your appearance, rejuvenate your oral health, and return your ability to eat, laugh, and smile with confidence.
A dental implant replaces the root of the missing tooth and will help to prevent bone loss that occurs when a tooth is missing. A significant benefit of dental implants is that they can replace a missing tooth without involving adjacent teeth. And dental implants can be used to replace one or an entire set of missing teeth. Dental implants may also be used to secure a dental bridge or secure a set of dentures.
Dr. Mahnke is a general dentist in Bay City, MI with advanced training to solve complex dental problems. For missing teeth, Dr. Mahnke offers replacement options using dental implants. Dr. Mahnke will coordinate your entire dental implant treatment plan. He may place the dental implant himself or work with a specialist depending on your specific needs.
Benefits of Dental Implants:
- Natural looking and durable results
- Promotes natural bone regeneration
- Reduces the risk of gum disease and receding gums
- No eating restrictions
- Reduce the risk of tooth decay and further tooth loss
- Minimizes the chance of facial sagging
Schedule an Appointment
Trying to find a dentist in the Bay City or the surrounding area? Dr. Mahnke may be the right dentist to solve your complex dental problems. Find out what treatments are right for you, call 989-272-2478 or request an appointment online.
The entire staff was very friendly and professional. The first visit was like nothing I have ever experienced at the dentist before. Before I even sat in the chair we sat down and talked about my entire health history, my…John C.
The office staff and dental assistants are wonderful, patient, friendly and caring, which is wholly reflective of the Dr. He takes the time to talk to patients, hear concerns, and respond in a way that shows he wants you to…Denise H.
Very thorough Dentist! Takes an overall health approach rather than just dental health and is very concerned with patient satisfaction.Adam W.
Dental Implants What to Expect
Dental Implants can provide a long-lasting, natural-looking solution for patients missing one or more teeth. Dr. Mahnke will perform a detailed dental exam to determine if dental implants are the right solution for you. Dr. Mahnke works closely with patients to create a stable, beautiful restoration that complements their natural smile.
For most patients, dental implant placement involves two procedures:
- First, the dental implant, a tiny titanium post, is surgically placed into the jawbone. The healing process generally takes three to six months. The dentist may place a temporary restoration onto the dental implant during the healing process to replace aesthetics and function.
- The second part of the dental implant procedure involves the implant restoration. Dr. Mahnke will uncover the dental implant and attach an abutment. The replacement tooth or teeth will be attached to the abutment for a permanent restoration. In the case of a single missing tooth, the dentist will use a dental crown. For two or more missing teeth, the dentist may use a dental bridge or denture.